Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Poem: 'A piece of my heart on the Yule Wreath' by Sarah McKellar

'A piece of my heart on the Yule Wreath'
By Sarah McKellar, Wednesday, 9 January 2019

First year I didn’t get you a present,
First year without a gift,
I raised a tree in your honour,
But your presence was sadly, remiss.

I speak to the heart when I say,
Your honour was raised to the Gods,
I speak on you, most kindly forever,
Just mostly because.

I miss your presence in our lives,
You would be so proud of our babe,
But unfortunately due,
To the consequences we went through,
Our choices were already made.

So be honoured in our wreath on the door,
The raising of trees in the yard,
I spray-painted a tree,
And thought about thee,
We are never truly apart.

For to love someone,
The way I loved you-it’s ridiculous to start,
I’ll leave a piece of my heart on the Yule Wreath,
So we can never be apart.
I love you always and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment