Friday, May 24, 2019

Single Review: 6HOST WITHASIX "Forgive Me" (Independent) by Devin Joseph Meaney

Artist: 6HOST WITHASIX
Location: Cape Breton Island
Country: Canada
Genre: Hip hop
Single: Forgive Me
Label: Independent
Release date: May 23, 2019
I have not mentioned 6host WithaSix on this site in quite a while, but with this newly released track, I figured that now is a good time to bring him to light once again. As he always was, 6host is a talented young hip-hop artist from Cape Breton Island, and his tracks without question have the ability to make you bob your head in a rhythmic motion to his clearly talent-filled and genuinely unique music. While this track is not my all time favorite of his songs (my favorites are still ''Born For The Art'', ''Drugs For You'' and ''You Can't Go Back..'') the message held within seems to be sincere and heartfelt. I too have dealt with the pain of depression in the past and I can for sure relate to the turmoil that it causes. As always, I am very happy to hear new music from 6host, and as always, I look forward to hearing more from 6host in the future. If everyone on this island (Cape Breton) had as much talent as this young man, nobody would be looking for work because we all would be living off of our forever escalating record sales. I hope to hear a new full-length album (or even an EP?) come from 6host within the near future, and I can guarantee him at least one sale... my copy. In closing, I will say one thing. We have all sinned, and we all have a chance (if not multiple) to be forgiven. Great job, 6host! Much love from one of your biggest fans. -Devin Joseph Meaney

No comments:

Post a Comment