Saturday, May 27, 2017

Video Review: KALEDON The Evil Witch by Deanna Revis

KALEDON
The Evil Witch
Official video from the full length CARNAGUS: Emperor Of The Darkness
Released on May 25, 2017 via Sleaszy Rider Records
Directed and edited by Matteo Ermeti
Sound engineering by Simone Mularoni
Illustrations by Jean Pascal Fournier
Produced by Kaledon
The song tells a story of "the evil witch". It is like a badass heavy metal fairy tale. You can feel the feeling they put into their lyrics as much as they feel it. It’s all about REVENGE!!! I think the way it tells a story makes it a well written song. I the intensity of the drums in this song. The video is cool because it features the band on a mountainside. I like the aerial shots of the band in the video. The song gives me a classic heavy metal feeling, which fits very well to the sound. This is the first track I have heard by this band, but I totally want to check out more. Kaledon was formed in 1998 in Rome, Italy as Alex Mele-guitar, Paolo Lezziroli-bass/vocals, Tommy Nemesio-rhythm guitar, Daniele Staccini-drums, Anthony Drago-lead vocals. Then they played more power metal, but they are now more classic heavy metal. Influences are Judas Priest and Iron Maiden; Maiden totally came to my mind the first time I listened. Today the band is Michele Guaitol-lead vocals, Paolo Lezziroli-bass/vocals, Alex Mele-lead guitar, Tommaso Nemesio-rhythm guitar, Paolo Campitelli-keyboards and Manuele Di Ascenzo-drums.-Deanna Revis


No comments:

Post a Comment