Monday, January 8, 2018

EP Review: SNØGG Abeloth

Abeloth
Independent
Release Date: December 25, 2017
I will start off by saying this EP is extremely unique and was an absolute joy to listen to. Even though I found it breath-taking at times, I will keep this review short as the EP's uniqueness makes it really hard to define and explain. Like a hodge-podge of black-metal, experimental noise and ambience I loved every second. This is not ordinary noise, as there is still a well pronounced musical component to this dark masterpiece. Chaotic blackened vocals and creepy down-tuned narrations make this even better. Like an orchestra of the damned and the pained, it gives me chills... but the chills I enjoy. I will without a doubt be looking more into these guys and I hope more people give this weird yet beautiful audio epic a spin. I have always loved experimental art in almost every form and I wish these guys all the best in their future escapades. There is beauty in darkness, and Snøgg really makes that fact quite evident. -Devin Joseph Meaney

Track list:
1. The Servant - The Mother
2. Beloved Queen of the Stars
3. Bringer of Chaos

No comments:

Post a Comment