Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Full Length Review: LORD OF PAGATHORN Daimono Philia

Daimono Philia
Release Date: January 31, 2018
A few days ago I was sent ''Daimono Philia'' by LORD OF PAGATHORN. I am just getting around to listening to it now, but this is some pretty vicious black-metal. Hailing from Finland, this band started in 1992 and is pushing forward to this day. This release is clearly well put together. Chaotic wailing black-metal rasps and screeches permeate the tracks, vicious yet structured drums creating an atmosphere forlorn, heavy and depressive. The guitar also creates an atmosphere of its own; the riffs are heavy, ominous and striking. The bass is pushing along in the background, helping to bring the whole thing together. This is the first time that I have heard of this band, but I will for sure look more into these guys. It appears that they have a plethora or releases to choose from and I plan to check them out some time in the near future. Black-metal, grind, gore, punk-rock and most forms of metal are my favorite types of music, so I always get excited when bands like this pop up and show me that the underground still has it. This release has made my day (night) and I suggest any fans of black-metal and underground music checks this one out. It is well produced and the over-all sound is delectable. 10/10 -Devin Joseph Meaney

Track list:
1. Intro: Nietzscherion
2. Evil to Destroy Evil
3. Ghosts Among Us
4. Prayer of Desecration
5. Rise of the Celestial
6. Builders of the Higher Places
7. The Spirit of Perversion
8. Spiritual Spiral Stairs
9. Throne of Lucifer

No comments:

Post a Comment