Sunday, August 20, 2017

Film Review: Demonic by Roberta J. Downing

Horror/Paranormal
Release date: September 2015
Company: Dimension Films
Directed by: Will Canon
Starring: Dustin Milligan, Cody Horn, Megan Park, Aaron Yoo and Maria Bello
I love horror- in fact it is my favorite genre of movie however the one thing I find the most abhorrent is when a movie is not linear. I detest the back and forth mixing of time. Now with that said, I don’t want anyone thinking that it was a horrible or bad movie off the bat.
This is definitely one of those movies that at the end you will find yourself saying “I didn’t see that coming” and that for a horror/paranormal movie is quite refreshing.
What’s not to like? Abandoned house, dead bodies, satanic symbols painted on the floor, a team of amateur paranormalists and their equipment and as a bonus- possession?!
This movie was great because as it progressed it caused me to have questions about the who done it, is this demonic passion, is it a hoax, who did the murders and so forth. I don’t want to ruin the movie for you but if you can handle all the flip flops between the past and the present, it is worth the watch!
We all know that there is always at least one person who survives in a horror movie and this is no exception but this is that time where you will literally have one of those, and pardon the expression here, wtf moments!
I will admit that there are a couple of actors in this movie who perform less than adequate (I guess they all have to get their start somewhere) and for some reason we have come to expect that from most of the paranormal movies but overall, I found that even they had their contributions. I do also have to say it is nice to finally see Megan Park (Grace Bowman from the Secret Life of the American Teenager) back on the screen.
IMDb has this film to be released October 2017 however it is already playing on Netflix and Youtube which leads one to wonder if the movie was released in 2015 instead.
Watch the official movie trailer here.
I would have to give this movie 3 of 5 stars. -Roberta J. Downing

No comments:

Post a Comment