Saturday, August 11, 2018

Film Review: Grey Matter (Red Skies Studios) by James K. Blaylock

Grey Matter
Based on the short story by Stephen King
Written and Directed By Bobby McGruther
Starring Mark A. Yajcaji, Jeffrey J. Scott, Ralph Cobert, and Stu Mark
Company: Red Skies Studios
Release date: September 12, 2017
What to say about Grey Matter? Well, first off, I was trying to remember if I'd ever read the Stephen King short story. Which I'm almost certain that I have since it's in the Night Shift collection. Unfortunately it's been too many moons ago for to me to remember much about it. Obviously it didn't stand out in the collection to me. I was more partial to The Last Rung On The Ladder, The Mangler, Children Of The Corn, Sometimes They Come Back and The Lawnmower Man.
Meanwhile, as for the fan-made short film Grey Matter, I liked it. Liked being the key word here. Although the acting is ambitious the dialogue was lacking. But I think the worst part of it all was the lighting, it seemed a bit non-existent. Yes, I'm aware, this is a fan-made affair, and I do give them kudos, but it was still rather drab. I found myself lost in what I was trying to see. Nevertheless it was still a good and noble effort. Oftentimes mistakes are the best teachers. There you have it The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. -James K. Blaylock

No comments:

Post a Comment