Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Interview with Count Draclecarde of DARK METAMORPHOSIS by Daniel M. Ryan

Interview with Count Draclecarde of DARK METAMORPHOSIS

When did you start your band(s) / project(s) and how long have you been making music?
Dark Metamorphosis was founded in 2008, I've been working on music off and on since about 2006. 

If you had to describe the sound(s) to my readers what would you tell them to expect?
I would describe Dark Metamorphosis as some sort of combination of progressive metal and several extreme music styles. I basically just play whatever I’m feeling at the moment and don’t try to stick to one type of sound. 

Is your music available on any merch format such as tape/cd/vinyl or digital medium? Where can listeners find it?
No physical media at the moment. Everything can all be found at the Evergrim Recordings Bandcamp account or the Evergrim Recordings Youtube channel. 

If you had a choice of working with other artists who would they be and why? Any collabs at all in the past or lately?
I usually don’t make plans for collaborations, though I am (almost) always open to them. I am currently working with C of Blasphomet on a new project to be announced soon. We worked together previously on two full lengths and an EP as Infernal Alchemy. 

How has the reaction been so far to your music?
Generally positive, when there is one. Most of my releases seem to go generally under the radar, which I am fine with. I do this for myself, first and foremost. 

What would you like done this year in your life, be it musical or personal?
I would like to have at least an EP released with Dark Metamorphosis, and finish the full length I am working on with my new side project. I need to get busy on this ever growing Steam back catalog as well. 

If there are any bands that influenced over the years to make you want to become a musician in the first place, who are they?
My early inspirations were many of the second wave of black metal bands, as well as Celtic Frost, Swans, and some of the Symphonic Death Metal bands such as Septic Flesh and Eternal Tears Of Sorrow. I take a lot of influence from electronic and synth music as well. 

If you had to describe the recording process of your music, how does it work best for you and what do you use?
I currently use an old Epiphone Gothic Explorer primarily for most of my rhythm work. I have a seven string Jackson Dinky, an ovation acoustic, and a Washburn bass. I use a Microkorg for the synth fills and Boss GT-6 multi effect pedal. The drums are programmed. 

How long do you expect to make music for and what are your goals till the end of this year onto the next?
I don’t have any end goal for Dark Metamorphosis. So I’ll be working on music for the immediate future. I would like to get an EP or full length album out by the end of 2018 or early 2019. 

How important is your work to you and what do you want others to get out of it?
Dark Metamorphosis is incredibly significant to me because it is my escape from the woes of life. Definitely the place where I go to just filter my frustration and put it into musical form. I don’t know what others will take from the music. I just hope they can find enjoyment out of it, in some form. 

Any last words for the readers of Autoeroticasphyxium zine?
I appreciate all support for my net label and my projects. Much more to come. So keep an eye out. Thanks for the interview, and good luck to you and Autoeroticasphyxium zine.


-Daniel M. Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment