Friday, August 3, 2018

Poem: 'Angst' by Jeremy Void

Angst

Girl stands on stage
cloaked in a white dress
spotted on the top
and tainted yellow
from her waist to her
legs
Her long brown hair
pulled down
and held in place
Her face clear
eyes bright
lips smooth
She reads her poem
to the attentive crowd
She talks of Punk
rock
wielding safety pins in our
gowns
studs pins & patches
glazy-eyed stares and lazy walks
The music loud and
rambunctious
Riotous times and
defiant kids
Teenagers with a bone
to pick
Mean streets gleaming with
waste & decay
A tirade of
angstful
youth
I sit here and watch
wearing my tags and pins
ripped and slit
I look on with
a glazy-eyed stare
She speaks in
first
person
“You don’t wanna mess with
us,”
she says
Rat-infested hollows
Dirt-encrusted shambles
She rambles on about
being a wasted
germ
I sit here feeling a tad bit
disturbed
She must watch
a lot of
TV
I’m sure

No comments:

Post a Comment