Thursday, August 23, 2018

Promotional Video Review: MY REFLECTION Homeland by James K. Blaylock

Homeland
Promotional video for the digital single released on Spotify, Itunes and Amazon
Place of origin: Finland
Genre: Melodic rock/symphonic metal
Release date: August 9, 2018
I'm new to hearing the band My Reflection, but I must say Finland cranks out some seriously good music. I've recently discovered it even has a pretty fitting name: symphonic. With that being said though My Reflection is a bit more extreme, as far as their heavier sound goes. I can definitely appreciate that. On top of that their video is just epically beautiful. I'd even go as far to say it's gorgeous. Upon further inspection I found out that the video was filmed in Finland during their four seasons. Which of course, makes it a highly favorable destination spot. The song Homeland is nothing less than a powerhouse. Regardless of the fact that I was unable to find any lyrics for the song online. Perhaps it happened that a way because of the name My Reflection brings up so many different things. Nevertheless I'm quickly becoming a fan. I  much look forward to hearing more of their music and more offerings from Finland. There you have it The Good The Bad and The Ugly. -James K. Blaylock

Lineup:
Jenni Räikkönen: Vocals
Petja Haapaniemi: Guitar, vocals
Henri Vuorenmaa: Guitar
Aki Tainio: Bass
Petri Inkinen: Drums

No comments:

Post a Comment